Reusing my content from Medium.com
A quick guide on how to use my content from Medium.com
First, thanks for your interest. It’s humbling to see that you want to help these ideas reach a wider audience.
There are two main reasons people reach out to ask permission to use my content:
- Translating it to other languages
- Publishing it in Medium publications or other sites
All my public articles under this domain (https://alexewerlof.medium.com) are free to translate and publish under these conditions:
- The article is NOT part of another medium publication. Why? Because if I have published it to another publication, the publication owner may not be happy to see that it is re-published somewhere else. We can discuss this on a case-by-case basis. Just get in touch via email and I’ll take it from there.
- The translation is loyal to the original text in meaning and intention. Why? Because translations are tricky. The original meaning may get lost if the translation is too literal (particularly in case of proverbs and idioms)
- The original author's name (Alex Ewerlöf) is clearly specified. Why? To give credit and help me build a personal brand. Also, to clearly distinguish that the opinions expressed in my content are mine and not necessarily represent your own brand.
- The translator's name is clearly specified. Why? To get credit for your translation but also avoid confusing the audience.
- The original publication date is clearly specified. Why? Because my article represents my thoughts at a certain point in time and as I grow, I may change my opinions. This is especially true about the more technical content that may be irrelevant as technology evolves.
- The translation date is clearly specified. Why? Because my articles are live content and I add/modify them as I learn more about a topic. The translation captures the article at a certain point in time.
Disclaimer: I don’t own the full rights of some of the images. In those cases, the image source is clearly specified.
Let me know the URL to your posts so I can put a link at the top of the original article.
Thanks for your interest in translating my article and making it available to people speaking other languages.
If you want to publish any of my articles as-is to another Medium publication or site, please get in touch so we can discuss the details. It is free of course, and I most likely agree, but I need to understand the reasoning, the reach and how will you keep the article updated since I edit most of my article as I grow.